Lesson 4 - Consistency And How To Fix Problems
What's in this video?
How to get your pouring consistency perfect... so you can get on with making awesome paintings!
In the video:
- Perfect pouring consistency
- Common mistakes e.g. lumpy mix, runny mix, thick mix
- How to fix them
- What happens when you use paint mixed with these issues
The pouring consistency pictured in this video is ideal for:
- Flip Cup technique
- Ring Pour technique
- Dip Technique
NOTE* For the following two techniques you want your mix to be slightly thicker (add a touch more acrylic paint):
- Wave Technique
- Blow Technique
Fixing a lumpy mix
A lumpy mix is a sign that your paint mix has:
- Not been mixed enough
- Has slightly dried if it was left out for a period of time
To fix is simple!
- Mix it again for longer and more thoroughly
- When leaving out paints cover them, to fix this issue just run it through a strainer or if its still not working, start again
Fixing a runny mix
A runny mix is a sign that you have added too much pouring medium/floetrol. So just add more paint and mix again!
Fixing a thick mix
A thick mix is a sign that you have too much paint added. Simply add more pouring medium/floetrol and mix again!